A Missouri Girls Town Therapist assists in the assurance that campus operations remain in compliance with rules and regulations required by the State of Missouri, Council on Accreditation, and Medicaid. The Therapist advocates for their assigned clients and ensures that proper programming is delivered to aid in the successful treatment of the client for the fulfillment of the agency’s mission.
The therapist reports directly to the Program/Clinical Director.
- Work in tandem with the Program/Clinical Director to support the direct care staff to develop treatment programming and to ensure direct compliance with Council of Accreditation, Medicaid, Missouri licensing standards and the policies and procedures established by Missouri Girls Town.
- Provide weekly individual and group therapy with an intent to make all sessions billable while adhering to the module of therapy utilized by the agency
- Complete all required paperwork meeting internal and external deadlines
- Provide necessary case management for individual clients and act as the liaison between referral source, family, school, outside services, etc.
- Assist in updating policies and procedures as needed pertaining to clinical concerns
- Additional duties may be assigned by the Program/Clinical Director or the Executive Director
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Counseling with expectation of becoming a Licensed Clinical Social Worker or Licensed Professional Counselor with two years of employment.
- No criminal record containing history of child abuse
- Ability to demonstrate caring, tolerance, and patience when dealing with at risk youth
- Ability to demonstrate understanding of philosophy, policies and procedures, strategies and programs of Missouri Girls Town
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and ethics
- Ability to be on time and dependable
- Ability to work independently
About Missouri Girls Town Foundation, Inc.:
Missouri Girls Town specializes in providing a safe environment for girls that are in crisis and need assistance in dealing with emotional and behavioral issues.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Missouri Girls Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time